Monday, March 31, 2008

Just the Two of Us

Kate,

Yesterday, mommy had to take care of work stuff. So off she went to grandma's house. That left just you and me in the house starting at about 7 am. Thankfully, you let me get a little bit more rest and then I quickly showered and came back to see if you were awake (mommy let you sleep in our bed after you woke up for your early morning feeding).

I was reading when I heard you stir. I just moved towards you slightly and then you opened your eyes. You had that "hey, you're not my mommy" look on your face. After about 5 seconds of me smiling and you staring, I made a popping sound with my mouth and then you broke into your signature grin.

We visited Living Faith Chapel because we couldn't go all the way down to Fullerton. You were a good girl and took your solids very easily. The milk was a little more trouble. As soon as church was over, I showed you off to a few friends and then put you back in your stroller. The car was no more than 100 feet from the building but of course you were asleep before we even got to the car.

I guess nothing significant happened but I just wanted to write about our day together. I've only had a few opportunities to watch you by myself, which is probably best for your health and well-being. I just want you to know, all of the little things you do, they affect me. A day full of doing nothing is something I can cherish very easily as long as you're with me.

I'm sure we'll have very many daddy and Kate days. And I'm sure I'll cherish all of them.

-daddy

No comments: