Monday, August 18, 2008

Santa Barbar, First Steps, and Baby on the Way

Kate,

It's been such a long time since I last posted. I wanted to make sure that I wrote soon after our trip to Santa Barbara two weekends ago. Mommy, you and I went up there for mommy's friend's wedding. She was helping a lot with the wedding so you and I got to spend a lot of time together.

We went swimming, practiced walking, and ate really good food. Coming home from the trip, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw mommy and you sleeping. I couldn't help but feel closer to you after that weekend. I'm so proud to be your dad. I told myself I wouldn't be like other fathers that show off their children to everyone, but I just can't seem to help it. I'm probably the worst of them all.

Even since two weekends ago, we've had some great moments together. You're able to take many more steps (around 10) without falling. You are so good at making people smile by making clicking sounds with your mouth, being generous with your "po-pos," and making a a funny face that just melts the room.

I can go on and on, but I'm just really grateful that we had a chance to spend some time together just you and I and I'm looking forward to more of those moments. And since this is the first post in a long time, we should note that mommy is about 11 weeks pregnant with your brother or sister. I think when the baby comes out, you and I will be spending a lot more time together.

No comments: